Maintaining your Computer can be complex at times, yet it is important to do so to maximize their performance. A frequent maintenance is important to keep your system running smoothly.
Following are some of the crucial PC maintenance tips that will help you enhance the overall performance of your Computer:
1. Save all the working files into a single folder, at some specific hard drive location: you can even make multiple subfolders to keep your files well organized. This gives you the ability to open your files quickly, and consequently it makes your computer run faster.
2. Avoid saving your personal or important data into C drive: If your computer crashes, mostly you will need to format your hard drive to recover it. Formatting your computer will delete all the data saved on the C drive location. So, make sure that you saved all your important data at any other location except the C drive. If you have already saved your data in the C drive, you should immediately move them to some other hard drive locations.
3. Try to uninstall all the useless programs installed on the computer, mainly the big ones: if your install several unwanted programs on your computer, it potentially slows down your PC. So, uninstall all the unwanted applications or programs. Make sure you do not delete them directly from the hard drive. It may cause serious Windows errors. Follow these steps to uninstall the programs properly.
Go to start – Control Panel – Add or Remove Programs – Select the program, and select the Uninstall/Remove option to remove it.
4. Delete the zipped files after extracting the data of it: Many PC users tend to keep the zip files even after extracting the necessary data out of it. This eats up the size of your hard disk. Thus, remember to delete the zip file just after saving the extracted files at your preferred locations.
5. Back up all the hardware drivers and paid software installers from time to time: This allows you to retrieve your data when the PC crashes, or when you format the PC. You can make use of portable hard drives or flash drives to back up your hardware drivers and paid software installers.
6. Regular Antivirus Updates: It is important to keep the antivirus program or anti-spyware software up- to-date along with the latest virus definitions. The antivirus program protects your PC from virus and spyware attacks. It also helps you to fix some of the windows problems. Scan your PC fully once every week.
7. Try to back up the important data in your computer weekly or monthly: You could do that on portable hard drives, or on reliable web servers.
8. Clean up all the temporary files and folders: You can use free utilities like CCleaner and delete all the temporary files, browsing histories, and other unwanted files that become a burden on your C Drive.
There are several tips with which you can maintain your computer. However, the above-mentioned tips are the best ones that allow for the smooth functioning of your PCs.