Toronto Real Estate Board TREB has reported another strong fourth quarter in 2014 with 8.3% higher sales than last year. The Board says the average selling price for a condo apartment through the Toronto Multiple Listing Service was $367,199, up 3.8 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2013.
“Demand for condominium apartments remained strong in the fourth quarter of 2014. While the supply of condominium apartments listed for sale grew in the fourth quarter, including a large number of newly completed units, the number of sales grew at a faster pace. Competition between buyers increased in the condo market over the past year,” said Mr. Etherington.
The breakdown is as follows: Fourth Quarter 2014
- Halton Region sold 138 compared to 140 in 2013
- Peel Region sold 676 compared to 657 in 2013
- City of Toronto sold 3,564 compared to 3,229 in 2013
- York Region sold 488 compared to 449
- Durham Region sold 98 compared to 111 in year 2013